Description As one of our Field Drilling Superintendents, you’ll have a key operational role in ensuring optimal execution of drilling, completion and well intervention activities. Your role will extend to rigs and completion and well intervention operations, and specifically involve:
• Daily support to the field drilling, completion and well intervention supervisors in all aspects of the planning and execution of well activities
• Monitoring civil construction and water well drilling activities
• Performing and leading regular technical and HSE audits and inspections as per the HSE plan, the audit plan and contractual requirements
• Participating and leading incident investigations
• Ensuring follow-up actions are pursued
• Managing the interfaces between field production, logistics and materials, HSE departments and drilling, completion and well intervention activities, and resolving any conflicts
• Advising field managers on drilling, completion and well intervention matters
• Participating in ‘Drill-the-Limit’ initiatives to improve client drilling, completion and well intervention activities
• Ensuring compliance with client's wells minimum standards
• Developing national staff in all aspects of drilling, completion and well intervention operations, with a particular focus on HSE
• Networking with your Shell peers inside and outside the Middle East to drive improvements in drilling, completion and well intervention operations through knowledge and resource sharing.
Skills • With a Degree in Mining, Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering, or a related science discipline, you’ll have substantial experience of well operations, including land-drilling operations. Some of this time should have been spent in a rig supervisory position.
We’ll also look for:
• Excellent technical and communications skills, with a clear understanding of the technical, operational and commercial aspects of well engineering
• A valid IWCF certificate
• The ability to work effectively as a team player in a challenging, multi-cultural environment
• Solid well engineering technical knowledge to maintain the necessary standards in day-to-day operations
• A proven track record in implementing performance improvements, and experience of technical auditing and managing HSE in the field
• Experience with completion and well intervention operations and aspects of land drilling operations
• Strong leadership skills and a flexible attitude
• Creativity and enthusiasm with a strong business sense and the ability to plan, prioritise and manage your activities with independence and freedom
• Strong interpersonal, communication and management skills in relations within and between various departments
• The ability to train, coach and handle conflicts.